Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Prego Bootcamp Day 1

Prego Bootcamp Day 1

Today my other prego friend Gabby and I went for our first class of "Fit4baby" classes here in the suburbs of Los Angeles. We all met up in this beautiful park and was joined by other pregnant woman of all weeks. We had from 35 weeks down to 11 weeks. As the class started I realized this is NOT the stretching and yoga I had imagined it being, given we were asked to bring mats. This lady had us running, doing squats, doing jumping jacks and throwing ourselves down to the floor for a mini push up?...can u say PREGO BOOTCAMP? The instructor was pregnant herself and probably in the best shape of her life with energy that was seeping out of her eyes because she was just full forced with energy. I being 28 weeks pregnant was one of the most winded pregos there. I couldn't keep up. I really thought I was going to die. She actually yelled at me at one point when we were supposto be sprinting and I started power walking she yelled in my face "this is a workout class ladies". I felt like the biggest loser =(  It was my first day working out in about 7 to 8 months so I must continue and push through. I felt great afterwards which reminded me how much I love working out, but never did imagine myself working out this hard at 7 months pregnant. I would like to continue to blog my progress with weight and diet change because I have gone into the dark side of pregnancy and was allowing myself to indulge 100% in my chocolate craving lil miss K has been giving me. So as of today 28 weeks in I have gained 15 lbs. Today I drank nothing but water and had a salad for dinner. Follow my journey on this adventure for the rest of the pregnancy and lets see how it compares to not working out at all (which is what i did with my son)

No comments:

Post a Comment