Friday, May 3, 2013

Semi DIY Invitation idea for Kids

I used to watch a show on Food Network called Semi home cooked...or something like that. No clue if it still airs but seriously that show taught me a huge lesson! Sometimes you can take short cuts but still make something your own!

My eldest son is turning 7 in a few weeks and we decided on a circus themed birthday party! It is going to be his first birthday party with school friends so he is super excited!

Lately I have been using my personal facebook to invite our family and friends just because it soo much easier but since I had to make invites to give his school friends I decided I would go all out and give our family and friends an old fashion invite as well. So pathetic I know but with facebook it is seriously just a few clicks and I have an evite sort of speak. Anyways back to the invites I had looked on many other sites that make personalized invites and everything was so pricey. This is gonna be a huge birthday and I needed at least 40 invites so I decided to keep looking.

 I have been OBSESSED with Etsy for about 3 years now so I went on Etsy and looked up Circus Invites and found a bunch of people are now doing digital copies. They personalize each card to your information and sell you a digital copy that they send via email for you to print as many invites as you need. This particular one I ordered from Lovepartyinvites: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Lovepartyinvites?ref=shop_sugg.












This was the first time I had ever purchased a digital file from etsy so I had SO many questions and Tirso the owner was very patient and kind and  answered all my concerns. It was super easy after purchasing I sent him all the personalized details needed for the party and within a day he emailed me a rough draft of what the invites would look like. After confirming with him that everything was correct I got my printable digital copy to start printing from home. I bought semi gloss paper and was able to print as many as I needed for the party.

I then thought it would be so cute to make a little envelope that explodes with confetti when you open it to really give it that circus surprise.








HOW to create an envelope effect:

Supplies:
-Tissue Paper
-String
-Washi Tape
-Confetti


 
 
1. I used gift wrapping Tissue paper and I cut one down the middle.  I placed the invite inside , filled it with confetti I purchased at target and folded in both sides of the tissue paper in. as shown in the photo.
 
2. I then got the tipes and folded them inward like triangles. sort of as if you were to be wrapping a gift and the steps you follow to fold in the sides.
 
3. Fold in the tips of the triangles both bottom and top.
 
4. Fold upward the bottom triangle and then the top over the bottom
 
5. use the washi tape to seal
 
6. tie the string into a bow.
 
 
I hope I explained that well I felt kind of retarded trying to work oragami. Anyways I am so excited to work on this party for my son . Having a circus theme is going to be so fun . I cant wait till the day of to share photos of his actual party its going to be so amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment