Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Besties & Alter Ego's // OOTD


      There are so many quailties a best friend must have in my eyes. I love people who inspire me, make me laugh over the dumbest thing and who know when I need extra hugs . I think all my besties have these, plus a million awesome other qualities. But my fav is when you can strip all your outer layers and be yourself and show eachother your alter egos .

       I find, as a creative person that ALL great ideas start from a persons alter ego , or otherwise known as your inner self. As an artist your alter ego is you but ,like a bad ass, I don't giva a F@$!? what you say ,kind of you! Its so hard to be that most days because life just doesnt want to work that way. Whenever I hang out with my bestest friends I feel completely comfortable and explore myself in such a fun way. 

     As a mother and wife I have an important role I play to my family. I often find myself toning my real personality down a few notches ,at times ,when I need to be serious and it can slowly change you. I didn't notice it for years and then one day I realized I didnt do the things I was once soooo pationate about. I found myself not listening to music for a substantial amount of time. I wasnt really thinking about myself and that really scared me. Music has always been my life, my therapy ,my soul, my one peace to run to when all else failed. I dont think anyone who is not a mother could relate to the moment you realize how little you think about yourself in a day? How something like being able to listen to my music , alone, something I once did without thinking about ,just to have been fogotten all together.

      Today ,my best friend ,Cori and I took the kids to Venice Beach and had a bestie date. She makes me feel sane. She is also a mother of two Jaydin (6) and Lily (3) and is one of the only people who might just understand ALL of me. I feel like she is the one that relates to me, my life ,and my past the most. I think she brings out the best in me and thats why it always feels amazing to be around her. Today we played in front of the camera and had a blast doing so together. Talked about life, fashion , money , kids, and just caught up! Today I showed her my fashionista alter ego and I think she showed me her fashionista side she wants to work more on. We laughed at how motherhood can just dull your style and made plans to go shopping more often and really push our fashion boundaries. These are conversations you can ONLY have with someone you are beyond comfortable with and well thats why I love her!

     On my own quest to push myself out of my safe style bubble I decided to mix a rocker/feminine style together (my fav)! Through Instagram I have met such an inspiring and adorable cute woman , owner of TopKnotGoods, Natalie. She is such a beauty inside and out its ridiculous. She just launched her website and my t-shirt I am wearing is from her very popular T-shirts " No Rest for the Rad". Go check her she has AMAZING things!!!

Website: www.topknotgoods.com
Instagram:  topknotgoods

My Outfit Details:

Sunnies: Exhaliration for Target
Studded Vest- Forever 21
Shirt: "No Rest for the Rad" Top Knot Goods
Polka Dot shorts: Exhaliration for Target
Black tights- Target
Black Studded Boots- Mossimo for Target
Gold watch- Micheal Kors 














1 comment: